Sunday, June 10, 2012

3rd Juicy Day

What a day it has been. Went to church this morning, where Pastor Kevin had bacon as a prop! Yes. BACON. My favorite food on the planet. Really? Not just a piece or two of bacon, but a skillet of still sizzling, hot bacon.


Torture.


But the Lord got me through it. That's the only way I can describe it. I have had a day of serious food cravings. I came home from my sister's house this afternoon and told my husband I want bacon, eggs, potatoes & tacos, please. Ugh.


I went in the house, begged my husband and son to fix themselves lunch, and took a nap. I woke up from my nap and yes, had a second cup of coffee. :\  Not a great choice. I had a 20oz glass of water first, but still probably shouldn't have had the coffee. 


Sat down to watch a movie with my family, but had to get up and make a juice. This one was particularly lovely. Still, I need to figure out how to get some protein involved so I can stop craving it. 


Anyway, here's my juice for today. I read some really good info on juicing today from another blogger telling me how to get great skin. Going to have to try that this evening. I'll be using frozen because that's what I have on hand. Setting out to defrost now. 


Italian Flair


1 med tomato
1 stalk celery
1 stalk kale
1 clove garlic
1 small zucchini
5 carrots


Fruitilicious
Strawberries
Blueberries
papaya
mango
peach
(I used frozen mango & papaya. Remove the seed from the peach.)


Love the ones you feed!





2 comments:

  1. after your juicing maybe eating black beans or a whole protein of quinoa?
    I love it. My family doesn't so I don't make it as much as I want.
    Going to try your juicing tomorrow.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa. MMMMMmmmm...but I'm trying to stay away from cooked things and eating really does trigger hunger that's harder to shake. Except avocado. Those tend to take the edge off and satisfy me. Today is the first day I've eaten nothing.

    One thing I have to say though is that I keep reading, "check with your dr before starting." I didn't do that, but I kind of wish I had. More so I had a baseline first. I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow. Hoping he'll have wisdom for me about it. Or someone in his office. They are fantastic. :)

    Call me if you want to chat about it. xoxox

    ReplyDelete