Monday, October 31, 2011

Please Pass the Salt...

Yes, yes, I know - if you made any (or all) of the stock recipes I listed - they do need salt to be ultimately delicious.  My husband tasted each one and said they need salt.  They most definitely will when you are cooking with them, but keep in mind that for me salting should be in the process of cooking the final product.  That way you can control exactly how much of the stuff to add to your recipe. 


I LOVE salt! Don't get me wrong.  I most especially love Kosher Salt.  I really think it's the only way to go, unless you also want to have some smoked salt or some other fabulous kind. 


Salt brings out the sweetness in things like chocolate and caramel.  And who doesn't love salted butter and garlic bread with a sprinkling of salt?  There's nothing like soaking a grilling plank to lay out a large salmon filet doused in real maple syrup, some pressed garlic & a good amount of kosher salt. Salt & pepper crusted steaks?  Absolutely!  Salt crusted roast chicken? Out of this world!  If I were going to eat the stock, just on it's own, I would definitely salt it.  But I know not of the plans I have for it, so I don't get ahead of myself.  


Anyway, I just wanted to warn you, they will need salt.  Now, I'm off to get busy with my son's schooling for the day & I'll be back with my first soup installment later.


Love the ones you salt, uh I mean feed!


Happy Halloween!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment